Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

TENEX FAST Procedure for Plantar Fasciitis

I am writing tonight about the procedure that I had today.

My appointment was at Straub in Honolulu. It was definitely out of my comfort zone as I have never really had any incisions in my body besides my wisdom removal.

The procedure itself was relatively quick. It was the prep work that took the most amount of time; talk about building the anticipation.

I was told to lay on stomach, they covered me with a warm blanket, it was a nice touch. I was then prepped with betadine and another antiseptic, then they covered my left foot with only the incision area to be exposed.

My foot was then injected with lidocaine. I think that was by far the worst part of the procedure. It was more of a shock at how much pain shot through my foot, but I was warned, so fair enough. My physician took a few minutes to get down to the fascia and the surrounding areas, but on top of that, he had to inject the skin area where the incision was to be made.

Overall, I believe it took about 5-8 minutes to get the lidocaine in the areas it needed to be embedded.

After getting all numbed up, he used an 11 blade to create an incision to where the TENEX needle would be inserted to. This was the part I was very worried about, I was more worried about the ability to feel this deep incision.... Low and behold, there was no pain!

When the TENEX went in, I couldn't feel a thing, even with the motions that the doctor was doing. The only feeling that I had was sort of a popping sensation. It didn't hurt, but it was just odd...

The TENEX portion took a few minutes and I was done!

The RN fitted me for a boot and I was sent on my merry way.

I was sent down to PT for crutches and some lessons on how to use it.

My husband and I grabbed lunch downstairs and went home.

There is some pain, I was told to take Tylenol and I did so about an hour ago.

Here's to sleeping with my foot elevated tonight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Quoted

"No one is going to hand me success. I must go out & get it myself. That's why I'm here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world, and myself."

Miles Logged

As of February 2011: 495 miles