Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Arrival


 First things first. I just have to say, I suck at blogging, so this will be a super loooong entry.

So, a lot has happened since the last post. I did manage to complete my first Disney race, let alone my first 10k! After finishing the race, I got so excited that I immediately went back over to the runDisney Expo and signed up for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon. Have mercy! Things you do while on a runner's high!!!

Day 1:

Arrival. We arrived at the butt crack of dawn in LAX, picked up the car and headed out to the Disney resort to check-in. The weather was not something I had anticipated, it was HUMID! I knew it would be hot, but not hot and humid....

Anyway, we got to the resort, I knew they wouldn't have a room ready, but at least we could give our stuff to bell services, change clothes, brush teeth and manage to grab breakfast.

My husband on the other hand decided at the last minute he was going to take the day to do a Disney Institute class, so I was left with the children; luckily my family had tagged along on this trip and kept us company. We left my husband and headed to grab breakfast at the one and only....

Earl of Sandwich, Downtown Disney(land)

Earl of Sandwich! We absolutely love this place! Everyone had breakfast meals, but I opted to get my Thai Wrap, even if this was breakfast. (Sadly, my husband missed out on this the whole trip.) After breakfast, we lulled around in kind of a big daze. (Lesson learned: red eye flights on NOT for this family.) I actually can't remember much of the morning, since I was living on minutes of sleep... We did manage to take my parents to see Cars Land and made our way through California Adventure until lunch. My husband had a break for lunch, so we met him at the White Water Snacks.

After lunch, my husband headed back to his seminar and my family and I hung out in Downtown Disney. My daughter insisted she get to go to Build-a-Bear (we don't have any in Hawaii) to get her MLP Rainbow Dash. She built it and bought some clothes and we headed to Wonderground. I absolutely love that store. I always buy artwork there and kept that tradition and picked up two really awesome prints.  After that stretch of shopping, we headed back to the Grand Californian and hung out in the lobby by the giant fireplace with the rocking chairs. I loved that I could doze off there along size my daughter and son. When we woke up, I got the text that our room was ready...

Grand Californian fireplace (great place for a nap)
5th floor of Grand California park view (day)
5th floor of Grand Californian park view (night)

That amazing view was from our patio at the Grand Californian on the 5th floor. It has been by far the BEST room view we have ever had. I felt so lucky to be able to soak that view first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. We could even watch the World of Color right from our patio too! It was just magical and it made this last visit extra special to our children.

Moving on, upon getting our rooms, I showered the children and dozed off more but on a bed this time.  I woke up to my husband sneaking into the room....

He showered and we headed down to Downtown Disney to show him some paintings at Wonderground and we went through to California Adventure, ate dinner and watched the World of Color....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Quoted

"No one is going to hand me success. I must go out & get it myself. That's why I'm here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world, and myself."

Miles Logged

As of February 2011: 495 miles